Razorback Mailbox FlagA recent customer purchased one of our collegiate mini-stakes and told us, her husband wanted to replace their rural mailbox flag with one supporting their alma mater. This is a purpose for our mini-stakes we had never considered.
Full disclosureRural mailboxes are offered by many companies, it is doubtful any two companies mount their flags the same way. To mount one of our stakes as a mailbox flag will require creativity and effort, an example of the effort for our mailbox is shown below. Any modifications to one of our mini-stakes voids our refund policy.
- Arkansas Razorback Mail Box Flag (price includes free shipping)
- University of AR License No. 202019
- 7″ wide x 10″ tall
- Metal Weight: 14 gauge cold rolled US steel
- Red Powder Coating, unmodified – will not rust
- Made in Pea Ridge, Arkansas
- All our designs are handmade so may have slight imperfections to metal or finish. We take great pride in our perfection and don’t list anything unless we would purchase it ourselves.
- Follow us on Facebook – Dbk Kennedy and Pinterest. Custom Orders are welcome, we can design anything.
- We do accept returns – please see our Return Policy.
How we modified the mini-stake to fit our mailboxThe flag mount on our mailbox is a bracket held on with two small machine screws.
There is a hole in the bottom of all our mini-stakes but we had to drill a new 1/4″ hole so the bottom of the stake would engage with the tang.
We used a new 1/4″ x 1/2″ bolt and self-locking nut. When assembled with the mini-stake, using the new hole, the stake engages with the tang and works great. The self-locking nut prevents the bolt from becoming loose with use.
We hope this has been helpful.